Marina Quays – Public Consultation (Now Closed)
We are currently consulting on proposals for an exciting new marina development in Stourport-on-Severn. To date extensive work has been carried out to produce draft proposals which offer a high quality water-based leisure scheme which will bring many benefits to the area.
Clive Fletcher Developments is a locally based independent company specialising in property development within the West Midlands. Working with Thomas Vale Construction Plc. the company has a proven track record of delivering high quality housing, leisure and employment schemes which compliment and enhance the local area.
The proposed scheme represents an excellent opportunity to develop a new marina on land adjacent to the River Severn. The marina will provide leisure mooring berths within the Stourport area, for which a significant need has been identified. It will also create a new destination on the town’s riverside walk.
The scheme includes the provision of an element of land based leisure development, including a marina club house and holiday apartments. This, along with some commercial space, will enable the construction of the marina to be financially viable.
Currently it is proposed to provide the following on site:
- Creation of a new basin off the River Severn to form a 408 berth marina;
- Provision of a new footbridge across the marina entrance;
- Construction of 108 holiday apartments (1 and 2 bed);
- The provision of a club house, including a restaurant & bar, gym, boat sales & hire facility and site managers accommodation;
- The inclusion of an element of commercial floorspace (eg. chandlery, laundry, workshops) relating to the marina use of the site;
- Creation of parking and servicing areas for boat owners and those using the holiday apartments;
- Implementation of a comprehensive landscaping scheme for the site, including the creation of a wildlife and ecology zone, picnic areas and landscaped amenity areas; and
- Improvements to the riverside walk between Stourport town and the proposed marina site.
The current indicative proposal drawings can be viewed here:
BENEFITS OF THE PROPOSALS:
It is considered that the scheme will result in a wide range of benefits for the local community, leisure industry and Stourport town including:
- The proposed moorings will help address a significant deficit in leisure berth availability in the Stourport and surrounding area;
- The marina will compliment the adjacent established marina site, which is consistently operating at or near capacity;
- The scheme will be a significant leisure facility, attracting new people to the Stourport area thus helping increase visitor numbers in the town;
- The comprehensive design will ensure an attractive riverside area; and
- Extensive environmental assessment work has been carried out to demonstrate that the proposed scheme will be acceptable in terms of impacts on the local environment and the River Severn.
THE PLANNING APPLICATION:
The scheme will require planning consent. As such Brooke Smith Planning, BBLB Architects and Pam Brown Associates have been retained, on behalf of Clive Fletcher Developments and Thomas Vale, to prepare a comprehensive planning application for the new marina. Extensive discussions have already been entered into with Officers at Wyre Forest Council, Worcestershire County Council, the Environment Agency and neighbouring business operators to ensure that all site and scheme issues are being addressed.
The planning application will include detailed drawings and a comprehensive environmental impact assessment considering, amongst other issues, transport, flood risk, visual impacts, ecology, ground contamination and archaeology. This will be submitted to Wyre Forest Council, following which a formal public consultation process will be carried out.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
To assist with the design of the scheme, your comments on the draft proposals are very much welcomed. All comments and suggestions will be carefully considered and will inform the final planning application submitted.
PLEASE NOTE: PUBLIC CONSULTATION REGARDING THESE PLANS HAS NOW CLOSED
THE ABOVE / ATTACHED IS THEREFORE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY
Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in may be required to view the above documents. This is available at the Adobe Reader website