Autumn Statement and the World of Planning
Some of the content of the statement was already known:
- The government has announced more than 1,400 flood defence projects are to receive funding to protect 300,000 homes.
- Bicester in Oxfordshire has been chosen as the site for the coalition’s second new garden city with up to 13,000 new homes to be built.
- A project to improve the M42 to the east of Birmingham is among more than 80 new road schemes which have been announced by the Government.
But here are the main points from Chancellor George Osborne speech in his last Autumn Statement before the general election:
- The Government will aim to work with industry and local authorities to assess whether more can be done to support the approval of small sites in the planning system
- The launch of the National Infrastructure Plan which includes £2bn for flood defence schemes and £15bn for 84 road projects in England
- Stamp duty will be cut for 98% of home buyers